CST I Workshop: 26 Hours
Home Study: 84 Hours
Case Studies: 50 Case Studies (approx 50 hours). This may vary as some case studies may need some extra time. (minimum of 7 different people)
Study Groups: 28 Hours
With qualified therapist – 4 Hours
Student exchange – 10 Hours
COURSE FEE: €830.00 (only €50 deposit required to reserve your place)
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY (CST I)
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on technique to help detect and correct imbalance in the craniosacral system that may be the cause of sensory, motor or neurological dysfunction.
The craniosacral system consists of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal chord. It extends from the bones of the skull, face and mouth-which make up the cranium -down to the sacrum , or tailbone area.
The 4-day CranioSacral Therapy I (CST I) workshop is designed to teach you the detailed anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to health and disease. The Upledger Institutes “learning by discovery” method followed by class discussion of your findings will enable you to gain better awareness of the tactile information you sense in your palpatory explorations.
- Build the foundation to understand the craniosacral system and study techniques to effect change
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction.
- Develop and refine your light-touch palpation skills to access subtle restrictions in the body by focusing on the cranium, sacrum, craniosacral rhythm and related soft tissue.
- Learn hands-on, facial release techniques to evaluate and affect pain and dysfunction.
- Practice a concise 10-step evaluation and procedure protocol you can easily integrate into your existing practice.
- View a comparative-anatomy slide presentation focusing on cranial bones, their related sutures, and the difference between treated and untreated intracranial membranes.
- Improve your ability to work on individuals with histories of pain and illness.
- Refine your techniques with supervised hands-on practice and skilled demonstrations.
- Take home a comprehensive, illustrated study guide for future reference.
- Enjoy reduced tuition for CSI course review (based on space availability
Required Reading :
CranioSacral Therapy by John. E. Upledger, D.O., O.M.M. and Jon D. Vredovoogy, M.F.A., Chapters 1 through 6;
Your Inner Physician and You by John E. Upledger, D.O., O.M.M.
CASE STUDIES CranioSacral Therapy (CST I)
The students will share their written case studies with the study group facilitators. This will help with each student’s understanding of the work and will show areas for further study. There will be a documentary system for recording case studies, to be signed by study group facilitators. Students will be issued with a new case study record sheet after each workshop.
CST I : One case study is the completion of one ten step protocol.
As part of the training programme there will be study groups for the students. Once students have completed a workshop they are required to attend study groups. Under the supervision of the study group facilitators the techniques that have been taught during the workshop will be reviewed.
On completion of the workshop students will be given a list of study group facilitators. Dates and times of study groups are posted on the Upledger Institute Ireland website www.upledgerireland.com and by contacting Upledger Ireland or your local study group facilitator directly.
Date(s) - 21 Jun 2018 until 24 Jun 2018
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Duration: 4 days
Fee: € 830.00
The Westgrove Hotel,
Abbeyland road, Clane, Co Kildare, Ireland
Category (if any)
Please note the full fee for this course is: € 830.00 - price below is for booking deposit only
Bookings are closed for this event.